Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Grandma's Make-up

I have been known for trying to do my families make-up. (My aunt, Mother, and Grandmother)
Every time i have tried, it always got messed up. One time I was doing my Aunt's eye liner, telling her...
"Don't move!"
She did more then move. She sneezed. Needless to say, that she did not look very nice by the time i was through with her. I tried to do her make-up again a few years later. It was actually looking pretty good! All I had left to do was the eye shadow (this time i had chosen not to do eye liner). I snapped closed the blush container, and announced that i was almost finished. I could swear that I heard a sigh of relief come out of my victim. I rummaged around in my Aunt's make-up container, trying to find some eye shadow. At last, success! I had found what i was looking for, it was a very nice set, and name brand. It was a nice variety of shades. Purples, browns, pinks, silver, and a shimmer black. I didn't even take the time to consider the other colors, I went right for the black. I was nervous that i would mess up the wonderful job i had done. My aim was to put it on her eyelids. But I did way better then that! Not only did I put it on her eyelids, but I also managed to get it on her shirt, and cheek. I sighed and ran to the bathroom for a wet tissue. I tried to clean it off of her cheek, but only succeeded in making a black smear. Once her eyelids were fully covered in black, up to her eyebrows, and all hope had drained out of me, I declared defeat, and told my Aunt she could look. I wish you could have been there.
Just today i did my Grandmother's make-up. For once I was happy with the results. And it was also the first time she kept it on. She showed it to my mother, and my mother said..
"wow! that actually looks pretty good!"
Sadly that reminded me of the picture we have of her when she got her makeover from one of us. She had her hair in 4 pigtails, lip liner about an inch from her lips in all directions, and dark green eye shadow. I wonder if i had anything to do with that...

No comments:

Post a Comment