Friday, March 5, 2010

Spill, Rinse, Repeat......

One of my aunt's favorite stories to tell me took place when I was about 5 or 6, and I was addicted to icy's. My aunt had taken me to Penn State, where she teaches. She was talking with one of her colleagues while I was intently sipping my icy. I was wearing a beautiful new white fluffy dress. And this is how she tells it.
"I took you to my work, and I was talking to one of my colleagues. You were just a little doll. You had on this white dress, and you were sipping your blue raspberry icy. Well, as I was talking, I here this barley audible pitiful 'Aunt Nancy?' and I look down, and there you are with your big blue eyes looking up at me, brimmed with tears. You had spilled the icy all over the front of your dress. I took you to the bathroom and cleaned it off. But I was still afraid that it would stain. I hurried you home and took the dress off of you and put it in the wash."
Once again, Aunt Nancy saves the day.

2 comments:

  1. "did i ever tell you what a beautiful baby you were?" ha, ha, ha....even with a blue icy down the front of your white dress!!!

    this is a cute story....and this blog is a great way to tell "your story"!

    ReplyDelete