Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A new way to ruin the day.

My aunt visited for a week. It was enough. Not for me, for her. It was her last day visiting. She took me to Uno's Pizzeria. The waitress came up and asked us what we would like to drink. I looked at my aunt questionably, she nodded her head. After her approval, I ordered an Orange soda, and she ordered an Iced tea. The waitress came with our drinks, we got in a very involved conversation about the brain and the heart. Which just happened to be what I was studying in science that week. Soon the waitress came to take our orders.My aunt ordered a personal deep dish pizza. I then ordered a regular deep dish pizza with mushrooms. After the waitress had left, I informed my aunt that if I didn't bring some home for Maria, she would get upset. I was shocked at how well that excuse had worked. She looked at me and then told me..
"You know what? You are one neat kid. You are just so special!"
"Thank you." I responded smugly as I tried not to laugh.
We then got back into our conversations about the heart and brain. I got excited again, and spilled my soda all over my aunt. This was a month ago, and I am still laughing about it. The look on her face was priceless! A touch of confusion, a bit of question, and a lot of realization that the soda was going to spill right on her. I laughed hysterically while I apologized and helped to mop it up. She looked at me with a face of disapproval and smirked. That just made me laugh more.
Later in the car, after I had a great time teasing my aunt that it looked like she went in her pants, and enjoying delicious pizza, my aunt challenged me to say I was sorry without cracking up. I accepted the challenge, and told her I was sorry that I spilled soda all over her, and it made look like she went in her pants. It took me about 3 minutes to get it out through fits of giggles. This repeated about 10 times before I could say while grinning, and occasional giggles. Finally, after 5 more minutes, I could say it with a straight face, I was very proud of myself. Then my aunt told me that it didn't count because my lips were quivering the whole time. Epic fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment