Thursday, March 4, 2010

What color are YOUR eyes?

One of my Grandmothers favorite baby stories is when I was walking around telling people what color eyes they had.
"Your eyes are brown, and yours are green, and yours are blue!"
When I got to my sister, I announced that her eyes where also brown. Apparently she was not happy about this, and insisted that her eyes where hazel. When my Aunt asked me what color my eyes where, I paused for a minute, and then answered...
"Blue!"
"Right!" My Aunt replied.
I was very proud of myself for defeating that trick, or at least what I thought was a trick. Finally my Grandfather came up and asked me what color his eyes were. I stared at them long and hard, thinking.
Well, they're not really blue, and they're not really that grey... I know what color they are!
Innocently I looked up at my Grandpa and answered..
"Your eyes are the color of old!"

No comments:

Post a Comment